Tuesday, July 5, 2011

southern comfort

Still like it here but I ventured out of the historic area today and made my way to Publix, Starbucks, & TJ Maxx. It's ghetto in Georgia. It's like a fucked up southern Long Island type vibe. It's like the historic downtown area I'm staying in is Soho and today I made my way to the Bronx. Not sure if I could live here. The old homes I saw today on my drive back were beautiful though. It was brick house after brick house with some stately Victorians sprinkled in. I like driving here. Prob because it's different roads and it's not very busy so I can semi open it up. They also have a great beer selection at pretty much every place I've been. Fat Tire is delish and they not only have it on tap, but some places even stock 22s. I found a pretty cool Respects type bar last night. Haven't drank in so long that I got tipsy on 4 beers. They played great old Metallica songs and Sick of it All. Haven't heard them since at least 1999 but amazingly knew almost every word. Glad my memory is still sharp. I requested Fugazi Waiting Room but left 5 minutes later to make my trek back to the hotel. Called Notch to keep me company on my walk since he's a cop(haha.) He was wasted and so were D and Kyle so it was way worth it. Good times in all.

Today I ate at Paula Deens and I have no complaints. They do a buffet which I skipped. Sat at the bar and had a chicken breast, crab stew, and half order of fried green tomatoes with a big ole sweet tea. This was at 11am and I was full until honestly half an hour ago. Took the mad walk all around afterwards and saw some rad shops and architecture. The magnolia trees are gorgeous. I must have walked 3 miles just being random and wandering. I loved going into antique stores and not having anyone to tell me that I was taking too long or that it was boring. Certain benefits of being a lone ranger. Was going to hit a tapas spot for dinner but tapas is such a couples food I decided to skip it. Plus the spot was downstairs and I'm not feeling that whole too cool for street level thing right now. Newcastle and amazing pizza slice-ing it up instead. Cheaper and seemingly more yummy.

Not 100% on what tomorrow will bring but I'm thinking a sandwich and book in the park for a bit sounds right up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment